Famille Michaud Apiculteurs commits to the preservation of bees and to the development of beekeeping through its Fondation Lune de Miel®. This foundation under the aegis of the Fondation de France was established in April 2014. It makes the civic commitment of Famille Michaud Apiculteurs to preserve bees and apiculture a reality.
— Preserving bees and apiculture
The Fondation Lune de Miel® funds projects of general interest in favor of bee preservation, beekeeping and biodiversity, and projects related to other scopes of application for honey and bee products. It aims at combating bee mortality and the decreasing number of beekeepers in France. It acts in favor of biodiversity. By supporting innovating and responsible projects, the Fondation Lune de Miel® embodies the sense of initiative demonstrated by the company for almost a century.
— Strategic Committee of the Fondation Lune de Miel®
The Fondation Lune de Miel® is endowed with a minimum budget of 500.000 over five years. A Strategic Committee of six members (four internal staff and two people from outside the company) is in charge of allocating this amount and of selecting the projects that will be supported. Here are the Committee members:
– Vincent Michaud, Chairman of the Fondation Lune de Miel®, CEO of Famille Michaud Apiculteurs
– Bernard Saubot, Head of Beekeeping Development at Famille Michaud Apiculteurs
– Patrick Chaubart, Managing Director at Famille Michaud Apiculteurs
– Alice Gaboriau, Head of Marketing at Famille Michaud Apiculteurs
– Gilles Fert, beekeeper, trainer and author
– Xavier Denamur, restaurant owner in Paris